COVID-19 Saliva Rapid Antigen (Ag) Test Kit – a qualitative lateral flow immunochromatographic assay for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 viral antigens in human saliva. It is intended for use as a tool to assist in the diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 infections. This test should not be used to rule out the possibility of infection on the basis of its results alone.
- Non-invasive saliva specimen may be used for testing
- Results available in only 10-15 minutes
- All reagents and consumables included
- Easy to use
- Results can be read visually
- No need for an analyser
- Cost effective method for assisting in diagnosing COVID-19 infection.
The new rapid saliva test offers a non-intrusive alternative to a nasal swab test through detection of the virus that causes Covid-19 (SARS-CoV-2) in a provided saliva sample.
When a specimen is added to the sample well of the cassette, and if the specimen contains SARS-CoV-2 antigens, a coloured line will appear in the test line region.